Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Seashell House in Mexico City

This seashell inspired abode was built by designed by Senosiain Arquitectos for a couple in Mexico City. It’s amazing. It has to be seen to be believed, so there’s a bunch more pictures after the jump. My wife said if our next house isn’t like this she’ll divorce me. And I could tell she wasn’t lying.

“Taking cues from a Nautilus shell, the house is put together using ferrocement construction, a technique involving a frame of steel-reinforced chicken wire with a special two-inch-thick composite of concrete spread over it, resulting in a structure that’s earthquake-proof and maintenance-free.”

Before I saw this I didn’t even know I wanted to live in a giant shell, but now I totally do. Anybody want to get together on weekends and start construction of something similar? And obviously by ’start construction’ I mean go kill the world’s largest nautilus and live in its shell.






No comments: